Tuesday, August 11, 2009

FAQs

1. How are the kids doing at the Pineapple? that is such an easy one. There is a pool and two old fashioned TVs hooked up to cable. While they are smarting some from not being able to have their on demand features and the 24/7 access to "their shows", quantity allowances have made up for quality. Additionally, there is just one real bed and one sofa bed, which the kids have termed "the transformer bed". Yes, they are entertained by watching me turn an unassuming couch into a luxurious, double bed.

2. How is the training going? I am training for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. Training was easy at my old house, even in the midst of moving as I was able to squeeze in a run or walk while checking email, (that old Sears treadmill has been functioning beautifully for at least 10 years.) I have five things that keep me in shape/training while at the Inn.
  • There is a cool reservoir right by us and there are trails into the woods/people's back yards. There is lots of goose poop and I am irrationally afraid of the werewolves and vampires thanks to the Twilight series, but it is a good little break.
  • Exercise DVDs- bought one of the Firm DVDs and alternate that with a yoga one. When I do the cardio and weights one though, I shake the whole building. Considering I am kinda small, it is disconcerting to see that.
  • There is one flight of stairs in our chalet
  • I walk around with the kids- a lot.
  • there was something else I thought of, but it has now slipped my mind entirely.
3. How is the house coming? This is probably the hardest question because I don't go there too often as I am watching kids and trying to get acclimated in this new land. From what Tom tells me, we have de-pooped the house, the pee soaked carpet is pulled up, the interior painting is almost done, the bamboo floors are delivered, the kitchen is specked out, and the cleaning continues. I have sworn to get there this week to take some progress pics.

4. How are you doing? Just fine. My wish to be able to clean my house in a half hour has been granted AND I have maid service for towels and sheets. I have a fridge with all the foods that my kids need to eat, some that I do, and wine and beer. I have a pool which offers not only chlorinated rejuvination, but an opportunity to gain local knowledge of pizza places. I've got my loves and August heat to keep me warm, (and AC I am not paying for to keep me cool.)

5. How is Tom doing? Just fine if not even better than that. He has been a home improvement machine. He has had to take a lot of vacation days, and this is the antithesis of a vacation, but he is digging getting the house put together.

I guess there are only 5 so far.
So allow me to summarize lessons learned from the first week of Pineapple residency. Kids are fine anywhere there is a pool, Tom and I really are a well matched couple, and I really could live in a trailer park.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Cheryl said...

You are my favorite Steel Dandelion. :)

August 11, 2009 at 4:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home