Monday, August 3, 2009

its pinEapple

whoops, in my flurry to get my blog per Cheryl's instructions, I neglected the spelling check of Pineapple. Now, the question is, can I correct my blog title?

Today I walked into my new home away from home for the first time. I got a smell reminiscent of my Grandma Baker. While our room is non smoking, that is a rarity here and I can smell that not all the chalet rooms are non smoking. The smoker smell of Grandma Baker reminds me of me and Lara learning how to smoke to say nothing of pronouncing "Marlboro", at my grandma's house. We lit the cigarettes off her space heater and smoked near a pack one night we slept over her house. Now we both are hotties in our 40s who of course, don't smoke. Smoking is now such a mystery, how can it be a white trash habit when it costs near 10 dollars a pack??

But anyways, back to motel living., Ahhhh motel living. I am digging it. Now that I have realized that I can glom onto a nearby wireless connection, I am completely at peace. The fellows across the way from the pool look a bit like they just walked out of a White Snake video, but it is all good. To get even more in the spirit of it, I had doritoes with melted mozzarella cheese for dinner, (baked and part skim respectively). Note to self, it is no small wonder there are fewer and fewer skinny bitches in this economy...

The kids are somewhat phased, but only by the fact that the sheets for the "transforming bed" (aka a sofa bed), are pink. Otherwise, the wall unit air conditioner, the lack of flat screen TVs, the general 1960s feel of the place is lost on them. I am loving the fact that for the next few days, my area to clean has shrank to one and a half rooms AND I have someone to make beds, empty garbage, and clean the bathroom. I feel like the queen of a small country.

So, I am going to try and figure out how to get these munchkins to bed sooner rather than later, and then I am done. I put my pedometer on this AM and estimated today would be a high mileage day. So far I am at 13,600 + steps, and I definitely have a few more trips in my future before I get to take my sleep meds and get ready for the closing tomorrow!

Suffice it to say, the house at 39 Briar is empty thanks to Carol, JR, Dunkin Donuts, the Floods, the Bowman's and Mark's Moving. Just keep swimming....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home