Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I'm mowing on up!

My faboo hubby broke the lawn mower tractor, (you know, the one that you ride?), right before we put the house on the market. Truth be told, I have always been afraid of it. You hear stories of people getting run over by it, flipping it over, just seems like something I shouldn't operate under the influence of anything. The regular push mower was more my speed and after a quick lesson, I mastered its operation. With all the stuff that had to happen with putting the house on the market, I took over the lawn mowing for the most part. It took me about an hour and a half and it was a major drag. The worst part of mowing our lawn was, wait there were two equally horrible aspects. The first awful part was that our yard was VERY hilly. There was a part on the side that was at a 45 degree angle, into the woods, (and they didn't call it Briar Drive for nothing.) The front yard was also like a butt blaster workout and my neighbors all had lawn services or better mowers. I had mower envy. The second equally crappy thing about mowing my old lawn was that there were sections that would not grow no matter what we did. Little patches of a blade or two stuck up on the side and parts of the back lawn and they reminded me of hair plugs. The sparse nature of the lawn in these places made it near impossible to tell if you actually went over it with the mower, or not. The OCD ness of my nature had me going over these sparse spots over and over. Good times.

Now here I sit in my motel kitchen, looking out at a fresh cut lawn. The guy who mowed it had one of those cool, professional landscaper mowers that you ride on- standing up. I feel like the Jefferson's- I'm moving, (and mowing) on up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home